The new Durrell Charity Shop and donation drop off point at Jersey Zoo are open.
Shop opening hours: Tuesday – Sunday, 10:00–16:30
Donation drop off point: Tuesday – Sunday, 10:00–16:00
- - Limited number of customers inside the shop at one time
- - Face masks must be worn while indoors (ages 12+)
- - Fitting rooms remain closed
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you to the shop!
Please scroll down for information on items we can accept, volunteering, and how you can help.
Christmas 2021 Opening Hours
Tuesday 21st – open
Wednesday 22nd – open
Thursday 23rd – open
Friday 24th – Tuesday 28th - closed
Wednesday 29th – open
Thursday 30th – open
Friday 31st – open
Saturday 1st – closed
Sunday 2nd - open
Durrell Charity Shop information:
What we're looking for:
Pre-loved, saleable items, ladies’ men’s and children’s clothing, handbags, shoes, accessories, jewellery, toys, books, linen, soft furnishings, kitchenware, music, pictures and small furniture.
How you can help
If you have had a clear-out recently and are preparing to drop off your items to the charity shop, here are a few ways you can help us in advance of donating.
- - Before donating large items of furniture, please email images to email@example.com and we will confirm if we have the capacity to accept the items (changes have been made to our storage area, reducing our capacity to store large items).
- - Please put any clothing and other fabrics through the washing machine
- - Please wipe down any hard surfaces
- - Please only donate items that can be sold – if you think that someone you know would buy it, then we would love to receive it!
- - If you have a large amount of items to donate, please consider staggering your donations to help us with our storage capacity.
- - Please do not leave donations outside when we are closed. This frequently results in your kindly donated goods being stolen or damaged, meaning they cannot be sold to raise funds for Durrell. The disposal of damaged items also costs the charity money.
Items we do not accept
We are extremely grateful for the generous donations we receive from our supporters. However, we are unable to accept the following items:
- - Anything broken, dirty, incomplete or unsafe
- - Children’s car seats or booster seats
- - Mattresses
- - Baby monitors, walking frames, door bouncers and baby slings
- - Safety gates
- - All types of protective headgear
- - Swimming aids, such as floats and life jackets
- - Gas and oil appliances
- - Poisonous, toxic and hazardous substances
- - White goods – cookers, washing machines, fridges and microwaves
- - Electric fires
- - Medical equipment and medication
- - Firearms and ammunition
- - Weapons (including replicas) or sharp objects that can be used as weapons – knives, darts, swords
- - Opened cosmetics
- - Pornographic items
- - Animal products – items made of fur, ivory, bone, turtle, tortoiseshell, or any endangered species
Would you like to be a Volunteer?
Would you like to be a volunteer for our charity shop? If so please contact Daniel Craven on 01534 860 045 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.