During your ‘Encounter’ you will be able to:
- Collect boughs and leaves from around the zoo.
- Enter the bat tunnel to get up close to our fruit bats.
- Help the keepers to feed the bats.
- Hear personal insights into how bats live from our experienced and passionate keepers.
- Have behind the scenes photo opportunities.
- Find out about Durrell’s mission to save species from extinction.
These amazing experiences are only available for a limited number of days each month, so we advise booking early. You can make a group or individual booking. For full availability and to book please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01534 860052.
- Members are entitled to a 15% discount (applicable only for the member participating in the experience)
- Each booking is for one person and includes admission to the zoo.
- This encounter is for a maximum of 4 people per session.
- This encounter is suitable for children aged 10 and over.
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- The encounter takes 45 minutes.
- Please book 4 to 6 weeks in advance.
- Your visit may be altered at short notice should animal welfare concerns be raised.
- Animal handling is not permitted.
- Proximity and contact with the animals is at the keeper’s discretion on the day.
- Cancellation with fewer than 7 days notice will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- We may use the details you enter during the purchasing process to contact you about the experience afterwards.
- This ‘Bat Encounter’ package is valid for 12 calendar months from the date of purchase.
- Please contact us before booking if you have any medical conditions or disabilities, so we can discuss how to accommodate you.