Durrell: Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
Wildlife Camp: Durrell Wildlife Camp, situated at:
Jersey Zoo, La Profonde Rue, Trinity, Jersey, JE3 5BP, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
Accommodation Staff: The Wildlife Camp accommodation staff manages the daily operation of the Wildlife Camp and is the primary guest contact.
Contract: The contractual agreement between Durrell guests booking a holiday, governed by the Terms & Conditions provided here.
1. Your booking must be for holiday purposes only. Pods may be used for other purposes such as wedding parties or business meetings only by prior arrangement with Durrell.
2. Excluding babies in cots the number of people sleeping in the pod must not exceed the number specified at the time of booking.
3. No tents, marquees or other temporary structures may be erected in the wildlife camp.
4. Whilst every care is taken to ensure the details provided in our brochure, on our website or by telephone are correct, Durrell does not accept responsibility for errors, misunderstandings or changes in circumstance.
5. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, services or particulars contained in published information at any time before we enter into a contract.
6. We kindly request that you follow our Wildlife Camp etiquette, a copy of which will be provided.
7. Please behave to others as you would have them behave to you and respect the peaceful nature of the Wildlife Camp.
8. Guests are asked to be quiet between 11pm and 7am and ensure that children and younger visitors are in their own accommodation by 11pm.
9. Your children remain your responsibility at all times. Children [under the age of 16] must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
10. The use of loud, foul or intimidating language or inappropriate behaviour, and/or contravening Wildlife Camp etiquette, may result in you being asked to leave immediately, with forfeiture of all monies paid.
11. Electric and other failures must be reported immediately to the Accommodation Staff.
12. Whilst we hope you will never have a reason to complain, we take complaints very seriously. If you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay, please speak with the Accommodation Staff. We will do our utmost to help and ensure your stay is enjoyable.
13. If, in the opinion of the guest, there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the guest to notify the Wildlife Camp immediately or as soon as possible and, in any event, before departure to allow remedial action to be taken. Failure by the guest to do so may prejudice a claim irrespective of its merits.
14. Data protection: When you order holidays, products or other services, we will collect your name and contact details, billing information, transaction and credit card details. This information will be held securely and handled in accordance with Jersey Law. We will not disclose your information to a third party without your permission unless required to do so by law. If you do not wish to receive e-mail updates, please inform us.
15. Due to the nature of the Wildlife Camp pets are not allowed on site.
16. Open fires, fireworks and ground level barbecues are not allowed on site.
17. Cars, motorbikes and cycles are not permitted inside the Wildlife Camp; parking is available nearby.
18. Durrell regularly has photographers at the Wildlife Camp. If you have any concerns about this, please notify Accommodation Staff. If you have strong objections to close up photography of yourself or your party, please inform the photographer at the time.
Jersey Zoo Access
19. Your booking entitles you to unlimited access for all registered guests during normal opening hours, including your arrival and departure dates.
Contract & Warranties
20. Once your booking has been accepted and payment is due, a contract has been entered into, which includes these Terms and Conditions.
21. When you make a booking you warrant that you are over 25 years of age and will be a member of the guest party. You accept full responsibility for all persons who will use the pod during the period booked and have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
22. We accept no liability for any works or activity of any sort occurring on premises adjoining or neighbouring property, nor shall we be responsible for making any enquiries about the likelihood of, or providing any information to you about, any such works or activity.
23. The agreement binds you and all members of your party, including children and day visitors. You must ensure that they are all aware of, and accept this agreement which continues until the last member of your party has left the Wildlife Camp, including any extension to your stay and for such time afterwards as may be necessary.
24. Liability: We do not exclude our liability resulting from the negligence of Durrell Wildlife Camp or our employees. However, in all other cases, Durrell Wildlife Camp will not accept liability of any description for guests visiting the Wildlife Camp or for their property. If, notwithstanding the above liability provisions, we are found liable for any loss or damage suffered by you, that liability shall in no event exceed the total price paid for your holiday. We will not be responsible for liability arising from events that are beyond our control. Any accident or illness which occurs during your stay must be reported to guest services or the camp Accommodation Staff.
25. We reserve the right to decline any booking without explanation and to insist on the immediate departure from the Wildlife Camp of anyone who fails to comply with our general terms and conditions of booking and camp rules.
26. All facilities and services are subject to availability, and acceptance of any booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pod.
27. If your holiday starts within 12 weeks of the date you make your booking, you are required to pay the total price at the time of booking.
28. If your holiday starts more than 12 weeks from the date you make the booking, you are required to pay a deposit of 1 night’s stay. If the balance payment due is not settled by the payment due date an administration charge of £25 will be added to the account.
29. If prices have not yet been fixed for the period booked, then the deposit is £150.00. Please note the deposit secures only the booking and not the price. In some cases, prices may change considerably. When the price is published, should this not be acceptable to you the deposit will be refunded in full.
30. Group bookings are possible at the discretion of management. Should you wish to make a group booking please call the sales team on 01534 860097.
31. We accept most major credit and debit cards. By booking you, you are authorising the debiting of the card provided. All payments are in sterling. Guests must pay all outstanding charges on departure from the Wildlife Camp.
Loss or Damage
32. When you book, you agree to indemnify us against all loss and damage arising (including unreasonable amounts of cleaning) directly or indirectly to the pod, its contents and surrounding area from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by yourself, or any person, and, without limitation of the foregoing to pay us forthwith upon written demand our costs in making good any such loss, damage or cleaning.
33. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any belongings, or injuries sustained by you or any member of your party.
Arrivals & Departures
34. Accommodation will generally be available after 3pm on the day of arrival but cannot be guaranteed.
35. Accommodation must be vacated by 10am on departure day.
36. If you are delayed or for late arrivals please call the Accommodation Team on 07797 832534 as soon as possible.
37. On departure the pod must be left in as clean a condition as you found it on arrival and all items of equipment and furniture must be in their rightful location. Failure to do so will incur charges for extra cleaning and relocation.
38. If you wish to cancel your booking for any reason please contact us immediately by phone and then notify us in writing, by post or e-mail. Your deposit is non-refundable and the following cancellation charges apply:
39. If you cancel your booking more than 12 weeks before your holiday start we will refund any monies paid, excluding your deposit.
40. If you cancel your holiday less than12 weeks before your holiday start date, you may be eligible for a refund, excluding your deposit, for the following legitimate reasons: accident or illness of any member of your party on your booking form; death or disablement of any member of your party or close relative, jury or witness service in a court of law or redundancy. The balance of your booking will be refunded to you on receipt of supporting documentation such as a doctor’s certificate, death certificate, official notice or employer’s notice. If none of these reasons apply, all monies will be automatically lost.
41. We reserve the right to charge the full price of the booking if the cancellation requirements are not met.
42. We strongly recommend that you take out a holiday insurance policy.
43. We may cancel a booking at any time before the date on which it begins. We would expect to do this only for essential work or for some other reason unforeseen by us at the time your booking was accepted.
44. In this unlikely event, we shall refund in full all monies received by us for the booking, but will not have any liability for travel costs incurred by you in relation to this booking.
45. You may make changes to your booking/holiday dates for a charge of £25, providing any changes are made more than 12 weeks before your holiday start date. We will apply the appropriate tariff price that was in place at the time of your booking to the revised one.
46. If you make changes to your booking/holiday dates less than 12 weeks before your start date this will be treated as a cancellation.
47. Anyone with our authority may have access to your pod during your stay. While unlikely to happen, this may be required for essential maintenance or repair. If it does, we will give you as much warning as we can. There will be no need for you to stay in since our site warden can accompany the visitor.
48. Weddings can be held on-site with prior arrangements with Durrell Wildlife Camp.
49. Please be aware that Durrell may host events that you may feel would be an intrusion on your stay. Please contact Durrell in advance of your stay for further details.
50. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Jersey and the Courts of Jersey shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or your booking.