Spend the day in the life of a Jersey Zoo keeper. Get your wellies on for this amazing opportunity to be an animal keeper for the day. From cleaning enclosures to helping with feeding, this experience offers a unique way of getting to know our animals and the exciting work our keepers do. This experience will last from 08:30 until 16:30 with one and a half hour of breaks.
During your experience you will:
- Work alongside our experienced animal keepers on their daily routine from 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Help clean out the animal enclosures
- Prepare the animals food and assist the keepers at feeding time.
- Go behind the scenes in different animal areas
- Find out how we keep our animals healthy and happy
- Gain a unique insight into the lives of our amazing animals and zookeepers here at Jersey Zoo
- Develop your understanding of how the work we do in the zoo links to the conservation of threatened species in the wild
These amazing experiences are only available for a limited number of days each month, so we advise booking early. You can make a group or individual booking. To check availability, purchase and book your experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This experience takes place at Jersey Zoo, Channel Islands
- Members are eligible for a 10% discount on Animal Experience purchases. To claim your discount please purchase your experience by phone by calling the Experiences team on 01534 860052
- This experience is for one person only and includes admission to the zoo.
- This encounter is suitable for adults only (18 years and over).
- Please book a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks in advance.
- Your visit may be altered at short notice should animal welfare concerns be raised.
- Certain aspects of the animal routine may be excluded in line with Health and Safety regulations.
- The animal departments visited as ‘Keeper for a Day’ are subject to availability.
- Animal handling is not permitted; proximity and contact with the animals is at the keeper’s discretion on the day.
- We may use the details you enter during the purchasing process to contact you about the experience afterwards.
- This ‘Keeper for a Day’ package is valid for 12 calendar months from the date of purchase.
- Cancellation with fewer than 14 days’ notice will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Please contact us before booking if you have any medical conditions or disabilities, so we can discuss how to accommodate you.
- Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality this cannot always be achieved. Please contact the team at email@example.com for advice before purchasing any of our experiences