During your ‘Experience’ you will be able to:
- Go behind the scenes of the bear enclosure to a ‘keepers only’ area.
- Prepare a tasty and exciting treat for the bears. A member of staff will be on-hand, to show you how to make ‘enrichment’ and to explain what you are doing.
- You get the best seats in the house as dinner is served – complete with a keeper talk that explains how important diet and enrichment is to our bear family.
- Behind the scenes photo opportunities.
- Hear personal insights into the lives of the bears from our experienced and passionate keepers.
- Find out about Durrell’s mission to save species from extinction.
These amazing experiences are only available for a limited number of days each month, so we advise booking early. You can make a group or individual booking. To check availability in advance, or to book after completing your purchase, please email email@example.com or call 01534 860052
- Each booking is for one person and includes admission to the zoo.
- This encounter is for a maximum of 6 people per session.
- This encounter is suitable for children aged 10 and over.
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- This encounter lasts for one hour.
- Your visit may be altered at short notice should animal welfare concerns be raised.
- Animal handling is not permitted.
- Proximity and contact with the animals is at the keeper’s discretion on the day.
- Cancellation with fewer than 7 days notice will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- We may use the details you enter during the purchasing process to contact you about the experience afterwards.
- This ‘Meet the Bears’ package is valid for 12 calendar months from the date of purchase.
- Please contact us before booking if you have any medical conditions or disabilities, so we can discuss how to accommodate you.