Placing an order
How do I make a purchase?
To make a purchase, visit our online shop at durrell.org/shop, click the item you would like to purchase then click “Add to Basket”. You can return to the shop to continue shopping and adding items to your basket, then when ready click “Proceed to Checkout” to complete your order. Alternatively, you can purchase items over the phone by following the instructions below.
Can I place an order by phone?
Yes, you can contact us on +44 1534 860021 or +44 1534 860071. Our team are available Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 17:00. Please have the names of the items that you wish to order ready to assist our staff in processing your order efficiently.
What payment methods do you accept for online orders?
We accept Visa, Mastercard and PayPal.
Shipping and tax are incorrect in my basket, what should I do?
Shipping and tax are calculated after the full delivery address for your order has been entered at checkout.
Shipping costs (excluding memberships):
- Jersey: £2.95
- UK: £5.95
- Europe: £9.95
- International: £14.95
How do I redeem my membership discount?
Membership discount is not currently available online. To apply your 10% membership discount to a purchase, please call our Visitor Centre (+44 1534 860071) and we will take your order over the phone.
The item I want is out of stock, will you be getting any more?
If the item you would like to purchase is out of stock, please email the team at email@example.com . We can then advise if and when new stock is expected and reserve the requested items for you.
How much is delivery?
Free delivery will initially be offered in Jersey as a promotion to launch our online shop. Delivery costs are as follows: Jersey – free, UK – £5.95, Europe – £9.95 and International – £14.95.
Do you offer same or next day delivery?
Given the current climate we cannot guarantee delivery dates, however, if the purchase is for a birthday or special occasion please make us aware by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can prioritise your order.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
It is difficult to provide exact delivery timescales, particularly to addresses outside of Jersey. However, as a rough guide we say;
Jersey: 1–3 working days
UK, Isle of Man and other Channel Islands: 4–6 working days
Europe: approximately 7–10 working days
International: 10–14 working days
How do I return an item?
Please post the item you wish to return to the address below;
Online Returns, Visitor Centre, Jersey Zoo, La Profonde Rue, Trinity, Jersey, JE3 5BP.
Inside the parcel please include your name, contact number, online order confirmation number and return details – refund/exchange/replacement. Upon receipt we will contact you on the phone number provided to organise your refund if this has been requested.
All customers must pay for their goods to be returned by post. We recommend using a tracked service to ensure your items reach us safely.
Jersey customers will be able to bring the item to our shop to complete the return when the Government restrictions have been lifted.
How long do I have to return or exchange an item?
Due to current lockdown regulations we are extending our return/exchange policy to 30 days from the date of delivery.
As Jersey Zoo is currently closed, it is not possible to return an item in person. If you would prefer to return an item in person after Government restrictions have been lifted, please email us within 14 days of receiving your purchase. We simply require your name, order number, details of the item you wish to return and your preference to do this in person once the zoo is open again.
How long will my return/exchange take to be processed?
Once your return has been received, it will be processed within 3 working days.
Do you offer a gift-wrapping service?
We appreciate that many items may be bought as gifts, therefore we are happy to offer a gift wrapping and card writing service to make your purchase extra special. Please contact our Visitor Centre (email@example.com / 01534 860071) with any specific requests and/or messages before placing your order. A small additional fee will apply for this service.
How we are operating
This document has been compiled following the latest Government advice and regulations.
Why is the zoo’s gift shop closed but you are operating deliveries online?
Whilst non-essential retail was instructed by the Government to close on 30th March 2020, local retailers selling goods online may continue to operate following these two conditions: As long as they do so within guidelines already issued for non-essential business, and follow additional guidelines for safe, socially-distanced deliveries.
How are you protecting your staff whilst they are fulfilling these orders and deliveries?
We are ensuring the following:
- We have a maximum of two people together on a business premises or in a team working outside.
- Every member of staff will maintain a distance of two metres from each other and every other person, both while travelling to and from the place of work and at all times during the course of the work.
- No member of staff will increase the risk of spreading COVID-19 to their household as a result of their work.
- Easy access to hand washing facilities periodically during the day, including alcohol-based hand sanitiser before and after each delivery. Good hand hygiene is the first and most important line of defence, and we will ensure staff are aware of its importance alongside respiratory hygiene.
- Use of cloth face masks is mandatory.
How can I pay for my goods?
- We will take payment by card via the checkout section of our website.
- Phone orders can be placed by calling +44 1534 860071, Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 17:00.
- We will not be accepting any cash or card payments in person.
How are you protecting your customers whilst completing their deliveries?
Local delivery will be made by a Jersey Zoo delivery driver, or by Jersey Post.
We are pro-actively planning how we will deliver goods in a way that maintains a social distance of 2 metres between workers, and between workers and customers, at all times. This may include:
- Explaining to customers how the delivery will work by phone or email in advance.
- Only one person in a delivery vehicle at any one time.
All orders outside of Jersey will be shipped with Jersey Post.
If an item being delivered is too large to fit through the letterbox what provisions are you taking to ensure safe receipt of goods?
- Where a delivery is too large to fit through a letterbox, we will place it at the customer’s door, or in a safe, outdoor location appropriate to the item.
- We will knock on the door and step aside to a safe distance while the customer retrieves their item(s), or confirms delivery if the item is being left outside. This will ensure the item is delivered safely and securely.
If your question has not been answered in our FAQs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.