Go Wild for Durrell
Take a walk on the wild side and unleash your animal spirit to help raise funds for Durrell and celebrate our 60th anniversary! On Friday 15 February, we're calling on all our supporters, anywhere in the world to enjoy a day of wild activities and fundraise wildly for the world's endangered species.
Did you know that it costs over £8 million per annum to run Durrell globally? Since 1959, we've been on a mission to save species from extinction. We've made great progress, but need your support to continue our work as the world's animals and their habitats face constant threat. They need your help now, more than ever.
Whether you're at home, in the workplace, at school, or part of a club or team, we invite you to come up with your unique take on 'wild', and take part in an animal-inspired fundraising activity of your choice.
So wear it, bake it or workout WILD - just remember on Friday 15 February to have fun, raise funds WILDLY for Durrell - help us achieve our vision for a wilder, healthier, more colourful world!
Or why not use this day to make a pledge to 'do it for Durrell'? You could sign up for The Durrell Challenge 13k, take part in a sporting event in your local area or come up with a wild idea of your own to raise funds for Durrell in 2019!
Can't wait for Go Wild for Durrell day? Download our 30 Days Wilder calendar to use and enjoy in the lead up to the 15th Feb!
What's your WILDEST fundraising idea?
- Dress-up day: Are you a queen bee or a silverback gorilla?
- Sponsored dip: Swim like an otter.
- Chin-up challenge: Are you as strong as a Sumatran orangutan?
- Take a walk on the wild side: Take your team on a barefoot stroll during your lunch break.
- Sponsored run: Can you out-race a Saint Lucia racer snake?
- Bake off: Make palm oil free, orangutan-friendly cupcakes to sell at work or school.
- Sponsored yoga class: Can you balance like a Chilean flamingo?
- Karaoke competition: Sing like a Sumatran laughingthrush.
- Insert your wildly creative fundraising idea here!
Prizes will be awarded for the most:
- - Wildly creative fundraising idea
- - Funds raised by a school or nursery
- - Funds raised by an organisation
- - Funds raised by a club or team
Winners will be announced after Friday 15th February via email and on social media.
Help us achieve our vision for a wilder, healthier, more colourful world!
Other ways to donate
To make a donation online or set up your own individual fundraising page please use our official Just Giving campaign page.
If you would like to donate by cheque, please make payable to Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust/ DWCT, and send to:
Go Wild for Durrell - Les Augres Manor, La Profonde Rue, Trinity, Jersey, JE3 5BP
Directly transfer funds to:
Bank Account Name: Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
Bank Name: NatWest Bank
Bank Address: P.O. Box 11, 16 Library Place, St. Helier, JE4 8NH
Sort Code: 60-12-03
Account No: 06323448
IBAN number: GB81NWBK 601203 06323448
BK code: RBOSJESH
Refrence: Go Wild
Go Wild and help us achieve our vision for a wilder, healthier, more colourful world!
Here are just a few things the money you raise could do to help protect threatened wildlife: